Assessment Appeals

If You Disagree with an Assessment

If you disagree with the assessed value of your property, you should contact the Assessor’s Office to request a review of the value.

How Can We Help?

  • Assessor Phone

    For information about other exemptions, exclusions and tax relief, call


    Si desea ayuda en Español, llame al número


  • Assessor Email

    Send your questions, comments and suggestions to:

  • Los Angeles County Property Tax Website

    General information about property taxes, including how to read your tax bill and where to find answers to your questions at:

  • Property Information Hotline

    Minimal wait times averaging less than a minute and fast transfers to expert staff during normal business hours.

    Toll-free  888.807.2111

  • Automated Interactive Voice System

    Information on valuations and taxes can be obtained by entering the Assessor Identification Number from a property tax bill.

    Toll-free  888.807.2111  press 8


  • Convenient Office Locations

    Visit one of the Assessor's conveniently located offices for assistance, pick-up forms or get additional information.

    Office Locations

Manufactured Home
Red House
External Suburban Home
External Office Building View

To Appeal An Assessment

To protect your right to appeal the value of your property you may file a formal appeal with the Assessment Appeals Board. For Supplemental, Adjusted Supplemental, or Adjusted Property Tax Bills, a formal appeal may be filed within 60 days of either:

  1. the mailing date printed on a Notice of Assessed Value Change
  2. the date of mailing printed on the tax bill, or
  3. the postmark date for the tax bill, whichever is later.
    For the "Regular Assessment Roll," a formal appeal may be filed from July 2 though November 30. If November 30 falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a legal holiday, an application is valid if either filed or postmarked by the next business day.


Appeals must be filed with the Assessment Appeals Board, Room B-4, Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, 500 W. Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012-2770. Click the button below to visit the Assessment Appeals Board website for more information and to file your appeal online, or call 213.974.1471 to request an application by phone.