Los Angeles County Office of the Assessor
The Los Angeles County Office of the Assessor and related agencies offer many educational seminars throughout the year, free of charge to the public. View the sessions currently being offered below.
How to Prepare and File the Annual Business Property Statement
Join the Office of the Assessor for a presentation on how to prepare and file your annual Business Personal Property Statement (form 571-L). Seminars are being offered for business owners at locations throughout the County of Los Angeles during the month of March. A “question and answer” session will follow the 45-minute presentation by Assessor staff from each Assessor District Office.
Topics covered include:
- Who must file Form 571-L
- What is the Business Personal Property Tax
- How business personal property and fixtures are classified
- What are the legal requirements and rules
- What to do when you disagree with the value
- How to file electronically
Space is limited, please RSVP for any one of the six seminars.
The Office of the Assessor looks forward to assisting you!